"The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of" ... Bogart, Shakespeare, The Maltese Falcon, Those Great Movies

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Blowing My Own Horn...Just A Little

Vincent Price as The Abominable Dr. Phibes,
with his minion, Vulnavia  (gotta love that name!)
Hey, how come this guy gets a great-looking girlfriend
and I haven't had a date in .... Oh ... never mind ...

I'd like to thank all the gals at True Classics for awarding 2nd place to my Vincent Price limerick in their contest.  Congratulations to first place winner Jill, and third place winner Natalie.  Writing the limericks was a lot of fun, and now I will have a wonderful collection of Buster Keaton short films to enjoy!  Here is my winning limerick:


The crazed Dr. Phibes, played by Price,
Loved to kill with creative device.
He was mad as a hatter,
But what does that matter?
His methods were all so precise!



Specially crafted spiral of blood

Now this is precision, with style!

Neatly arranged bottles of blood

******************************************************************************

I submitted other limericks, but in true limerick style several of them are of adult content.  They are available to read by request, and they cost $5 a peek ...

14 comments:

  1. Congrats!!Beck, I'm so happy that you were one of the winners..

    I have to admit this was a fun contest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, you clever girl! A most apt and grinnable salute.

    You reminded me of Price's guest appearance on "Get Smart". There were budget cuts at KAOS and they could no longer afford a Mad Scientist, so Vincent was their Mad Pharmacist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still laughing about Get Smart. I loved that show! The Mad Pharmacist -- Price loved to do stuff like that -- hilarious!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your hard fought second-place victory. Not everyone can write a good limerick. Of course, there's a reason for that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the reason is -- not everybody has a filthy mind! Well, that applies to 3 of my entries! LOL! Thanks, Kim.

      Delete
  4. Yay - you rock, girl. She's all that and a poet, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chick! And also, thanks to you, I will always remember that a fart can be viewed as high art.

      Delete
  5. Hooray, Becky! Congratulations on your 2nd Place honor for your rib-tickling limericks, my clever friend -- you deserve all that and more! Kudos to Jill and Natalie, too! As DR. PHIBES fans, we totally approve! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Becky! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete