"The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of" ... Bogart, Shakespeare, The Maltese Falcon, Those Great Movies

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Coming To A Blog Near You!


For my Faithful Readers, I want to announce a new series beginning soon.  The series will be about the golden age of gangster films, 1930 - 1949.  Some of my earliest memories of classic movies are of James Cagney, Edward G. Robinson, Humphrey Bogart and Paul Muni as the biggest, baddest guys of all.  I love those movies!  One of the most interesting facets of every one is the bad guy and his counterparts, the former partner turned good, the childhood friend who went a different way, the women who are good for him and the women who are bad.  I hope you will enjoy it.  In the meantime, here is a taste of what is to come:





10 comments:

  1. Oh, Becky - I am so in for this. Love them all - but I am a true Warner Brothers gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Becky,
    Rat A Tat Tat....Bring on the Gangsters! I can't wait for this series.
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I'm looking forward to the series, especially your take on LITTLE CESAR and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. role in the film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are great -- it's fun writing when you know friends are looking forward to it. I always look forward to your new posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Warner Bros. gangster flicks of the Golden Age - did that studio have that genre down or what?!? Am looking forward to your series and comparing notes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doc, I am definitely including Underworld. Thanks for tipping me off to it!

    Eve, Warner Brothers has always been my favorite studio of the classic film era. Nobody could do gangsters like they did! I always imagine the gates of heaven opening to the Warner Brothers logo and that famous trumpeting lead-in music! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, when you feel better, I look forward to your gangster series! Warner Bros. movies were always my favorites, with their sharp, cocky "street" feeling and stars like Bogart, Garfield, Robinson, and so many more!

    ReplyDelete